Media Manager for PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable) 3.0
This document contains information on the following topics:
Thank you for installing Media Manager for PSP™ 3.0 software. This document contains information
about installing and using Media Manager for PSP™ software on your computer.
2.0 What's New
- Support for Windows Vista
- Shuffle and fill for Music mode
- Audio search for Music mode
- FLAC format support
- Game Mode for transferring downloadable games to the PSP™
- Backup Mode for backing up and restoring files from your PSP™ device
- Support for MJPEG-encoded AVI files
- Support for .m2ts video files.
- Added support for the PlayStation®Store
- Added support for MP4 video recorded by Cyber-shot® cameras
- If you are having difficulty previewing Windows Media files, check that Windows Media Player 11 is installed and configured on your PC.
- If you are having difficulty previewing video, close Media Manager for PSP™ and check the following settings:
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Quick Time to open the QuickTime Preferences dialog. Click the File Types tab and expand the MPEG - MPEG system, video, and audio files category. Select the MPEG-4 media and the Video (protected) check boxes.
Next, click the Advanced tab. In the Video section, select Safe mode (GDI only), and then close QuickTime.
- Attempting to extract audio from a CD while the disc is playing in a media player can cause playback problems and can freeze the application.
- You may experience problems if your My Documents folder is mapped to a network drive and your network connection is slow. In this case, copy your music, photos and videos to a local drive and Media Manager for PSP™ will function properly.
- Podcasts can contain many types of media, including those not supported by Media Manager for PSP™. Unsupported media enclosures will not transfer to the PSP™ system.
- Unprotected DVD files have VOB/IFO extensions and may fail to preview on some systems. To preview these files in an external player, right-click the file in the PC pane and choose Explore Containing Folder from the shortcut menu. Next, double-click the file to preview in the associated player.
- Encoding performance can be degraded when your hard drive is fragmented. For optimal performance, defragment your hard drives regularly.
- If you are running Windows XP, Media Manager for PSP™ software should be installed and used on an account with Administrator privileges in order to properly access the PSP™.
- The PlayStation®Store may not be available when running Media Manager for PSP™ on a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista™.
The following lists the minimum system requirements for using Media Manager for PSP™ software:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later (Windows Media Center 2005 or later for Recorded TV [dvr-ms] files) or Windows Vista™
- 1 GHz processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 200 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Windows-compatible sound card
- CD-ROM drive (for extracting audio from CD only)
- USB 2.0 cable and port (for connecting to the PSP™ system)
- Microsoft Windows Media Format 11 runtime
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on application disc)
- QuickTime 7.2 or later (included on application disc)
- Adobe Flash 9 (required for PlayStation®Store)
- Internet connection (for Gracenote® MusicID, software
activation, and podcasts)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
- PSP™ firmware version 4.05 or later is required
You can download the latest firmware from www.playstation.com.
This software is optimized to run at screen resolutions of 1024x768 or higher. At lower resolutions, some settings may not be visible. You can increase the size of the Settings area by dragging the splitter between the Settings and PSP™ panes.
The install utility creates any necessary folders and copies all files required by Media Manager for PSP™ software to your computer.
Installing from CD
- Place the Media Manager for PSP™ CD-ROM in the drive. The setup screen
is displayed (if CD-ROM AutoPlay is enabled).
||If you have disabled the CD-ROM AutoPlay
feature, click the Start button and choose Run. Type
D:\setup.exe, where D is the drive letter of your
CD-ROM drive, and follow the on-screen prompts to
complete the installation.
- Click Install, and then follow the on-screen
prompts to install the appropriate version of Media Manager for PSP™ for
Installing from the Web
- Download the install utility. You can purchase Media Manager PRO for PSP™ from our Web
- Double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen prompts
to install the appropriate version of Media Manager for PSP™ for your computer.
If you would like information or demos of other products
from Sony Creative Software Inc., please visit our Web
. You will always find the latest technical information,
demos, and product announcements from Sony Creative Software Inc.
Commercial distribution of the Sony Creative Software Inc. demos requires written permission from Sony Creative Software Inc..
7.0 Contacting Sony Creative Software Inc.
Sony Creative Software Inc. can be contacted in the following ways:
Sony Creative Software Inc.
1617 Sherman Ave.
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
© 2008. Sony Creative Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.